Today I thought of making some simple dessert (no bake) for my kiddo and checked the kitchen shelves for available ingredients. I had lot of unattended chocolate chips and Parle g biscuit packets. So mixed both and made some delicious truffles and Pops. I assure its a quick, easy and great dessert for kids. Will move on to the detailed recipe…
Parle G Biscuit or any digestive biscuits – 32 Numbers
Dark Chocolate Chips/Any chopped chocolate – 1/3 Cup (I used Semi Sweet)
Heavy Cream or Regular Thick Milk – 2 or 3 Tbsp
Cocoa Powder – To Dust (Optional)
- Grind the biscuit to fine powder.
- Warm the heavy cream/milk in microwave for 30 secs (or) about to boil.
- Mix the chocolate chips with the cream, stir continuously till all chips dissolved well.
- Leave it to cool completely and when it is not so hot add the powdered biscuit in batches.
- Mix well with spoon, keep it in air tight container undisturbed for 10-15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Make balls, will get (5-6) medium sized truffles from this quantity.
- Otherwise make even balls, cover and freeze it for 15 minutes, both works…
- It won’t stick when rolling and finally you can dust it with cocoa powder which is purely optional.
- For making pops, roll to small balls after freezing just insert the pop sticks in center of each small balls.
Pictorial 1 – Adding dark Chocolate chips to warm milk.
2 – Adding powdered biscuit to chocolate + cream mixture.
3 – Keep stirring after each addition of biscuit powder.
4 – After that roll to truffles.
- You can dust with Powdered Sugar/any nuts powder as you like.
- Don’t add biscuit powder when milk+chocolate mixture is warm, also increase or decrease biscuit powder, the consistency depends on the type of milk you use.
wow thats an yummy and delicious truffle dear 🙂 love the cute hands !!
wow yum truffles such an easy recipe dear 🙂 love the last click with kutty hands
Wow super good.Very easy.
Such an innovative and easy recipe..:)
Wow…that's a very yum recipe…love the idea of using biscuits…
Truly a kids delight :). Looks terrific.
Event: Halloween and Squash Fiesta
Event: Diwali Bash
Looks lovely made..yummy.
Thanks for linking this yummy recipe to my event..
what a wonderful recipe, I love this simple delicious recipe!!
happy to follow you please visit and follow my blog when you find time!
Yummy & kids friendly truffles,lovely!!
Happy to join your space,Sangeetha..You have a wonderful space..:)
Do drop by my space when u find time & join if you like it:)
Also,Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving