Dark Chocolate Chips/Morsels/Any Chocolate – 6 oz (I used Nestle toll house morsels/semi sweet chocolate chips)
Any Left Over Chocolate Ganache/frosting – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Low Fat Cream Cheese – 1/2 cup (Half in 8oz package, see Note 1 )
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 and 1/4 Cup
Butter – 3 Tbsp
Cocoa Powder – 1 Tbsp Or Instant Coffee Powder – 1/2 Tbsp (Optional See Note 2)
- Powder the biscuits using blender to coarse crumble.
- Melt the butter and put off the stove,when its at room temperature add the coarse biscuit powder to it, mix well.
- Then press this mixture in any round cake/pie pan/glass bowls (Press well as shown in Pic 1).
- Seal it with plastic/food wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile whip the cream cheese till it gets soft (2-3 mins).
- Add the heavy cream to it and whip to soft peaks (see Note 3).
- Melt the chocolate using double broiler or just microwave for 30 sec it will melt.
- Allow to cool completely by this time you can refrigerate the whipped cream n cheese to avoid melting in room temperature.
- If needed add cocoa/coffee powder to hot boiling 1-2 Tbsp of milk, allow to cool and keep it ready.
- Now add melted chocolate and dissolved cocoa/coffee powder to the whipped cream and beat till you attain stiff peaks, as shown in the picture 3.
- By this time the crumb coat sets in the pan, so pour the whipped cream over it (Picture 4), check the spreading consistency in that picture, should not be watery…
- Layer evenly n again refrigerate by covering with plastic wrap for 3-4 hours to set. (I left it overnight).
- When u touch the top of the cake, it wont stick in your fingers or toothpick inserted at center comes out clean that is the perfect consistency.
- Now slice it gently and enjoy by having it chilled 🙂
- Can increase cream cheese to 1 cup that is 8 oz (1 package) and reduce heavy cream to 1 cup.
- Taste the whipped mixture before spreading and add more cocoa or coffee powder/powdered sugar, its up to you…
- Can whip the heavy cream separately n fold it along with the cream cheese n chocolate mixtures finally…
- Keeping in Room Temperature for more than 30 mins make the cream/cake to melt.
- If like to add more sugar then add dark brown sugar…
- I have not greased my pans…