Look at the picture; can you believe these slices are not baked? Thought of experimenting a no bake cake and came out very well in my very first attempt (Done 3 times before posting here). It took lot of time for me to give a suitable title :). All the ingredients are usual stocks in our kitchen pantry except Gelatin/Pectin. I prepared the cake with two layers, Base layered with powdered biscuit n topped with Creamy Strawberry layer. My son enjoyed this dessert very much…
Ingredients For Strawberry Syrup
Strawberry Syrup Preparation
- In a sauce pan add water, sugar and chopped berries.
- Now pour the syrup in juice extractor, don’t blend, right now keep the pure strawberry syrup separately.
Gelatin/Pectin – 2tsp
- Mix gelatin in 1 Tbsp of cold water mix well with water and you can see its blooming in few minutes.
- Take 2 tbsp of the pure syrup (Reserve remaining for the cake preparation) + 2 Tbsps thick strawberry extract (Reserve remaining for cake preparation), mix well with gelatin.(Since the strawberry syrup is warm, I directly added with gelatin).
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours to set. Refer below stepwise picture 2 and 3, how it turned out.