Look at the picture; can you believe these slices are not baked? Thought of experimenting a no bake Low Fat Strawberry Cheesecake and came out very well in my very first attempt (Done 3 times before posting here). It took lot of time for me to give a suitable title :). All the ingredients are usual stocks in our kitchen pantry except Gelatin/Pectin. I prepared the cake with two layers, Base layered with powdered biscuit and topped with Creamy Strawberry layer. My son enjoyed this dessert very much…
Ingredients For Strawberry Syrup
Strawberry Syrup Preparation
- In a sauce pan add water, sugar and chopped berries.
- Now pour the syrup in juice extractor, don’t blend, right now keep the pure strawberry syrup separately.
Gelatin/Pectin – 2 tsp
- Mix gelatin in 1 Tbsp of cold water mix well with water and you can see its blooming in few minutes.
- Take 2 tbsp of the pure syrup (Reserve remaining for the cake preparation) + 2 Tbsps thick strawberry extract (Reserve remaining for cake preparation), mix well with gelatin.(Since the strawberry syrup is warm, I directly added with gelatin).
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours to set. Refer below stepwise picture 2 and 3, how it turned out.