Bored on routine biryani? Let try this easy Biryani which I do whenever I am tired of peeling ginger, garlic and onion…How come tasty? the powder I prepare instant for the biryani makes it delicious and the nice aroma surrounds the whole house. This is the festive month/puratasi, I know most of u have veg only…So today’s recipe is very tasty and simple mushroom biryani with homemade masala powder which does not contain any store bought masala powders.
Ingredients I to prepare Homemade Masala Powder
Cinnamon – 1-2 Sticks
Cloves – 6 Number
Cardamom – 2 Numbers
Bay Leaves – 2 Numbers (Medium Size)
Whole Coriander Seeds- 1n1/2 Tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1n1/2tsp
Pepper – 1tsp
Kaskas/Poppy Seeds – 1tsp
Basmati Rice – 2 n 1/2 Cups
Sliced Mushroom Packet – 227 gms or 1 Packet
Green Peas – 3/4 Cup
Tomato – 1 Number (Medium Size)
Mint – Chopped 1 Cup
Water – 4 Cups
Salt – As Needed
Oil/Ghee – 1 1/2 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
Green Chili – 1 or Red Chili Powder – 1tsp
Coconut Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Soak the basmati rice for 40mins.
- Meanwhile dry roast the ingredients given under ‘Ingredients I” for 5 mins in medium flame or coriander changes golden brown.
- Cool and blend in jar to fine powder, hmm nice aroma covers all the whole.
- Now the Homemade masala powder is ready.
- Heat the pan add oil, add HM masala powder, chilli and turmeric powder.
- Saute for 2-3 mins and then add mushroom and peas.
- Mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Finally add coconut milk, rice, salt and 4 cups of water (minus 1/4 cup if adding coconut milk).
- Use cooker (I used electric cooker) and cook as you do for white rice.
Picture 1 – HM masala ready to powder.
2 – Oil, turmeric, Red Chili n HM powder.
3 – Mixed Mushroom n Peas to the masala with little oil.
4 – Biryani is ready, can see the steam evaporates 🙂
- Now flavorful biryani is ready to serve with lemon wedges and onion raita.
- Adding Onion (You can add 1 Large Onion for the above quantity),Tomato and Mint are purely optional. I skip and sometimes add those and both versions tastes equally good.
Thanks for sharing.
Too good ,thnx for sharing
MUSHROOM BRIYANI WITH HOME MADE MASALA LOOKS GREAT!!!
delicious biryani and i lov mushroom
Inviting to join Ongoing Event
Taste Of Tropics – Authentic Indian Platter
Healthy delicious biriyani,yummy!!
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving
Deliicous mushroom biryani. We love mushroom in our house. This will be one to go. Thanks for following my blog. You have a wonderful space.