I delayed posting non vegg for the past 2 months becoz of Puratasi/Navrathri n other festivals…Sorry guys hereafter I will randomize my posts to cover all categories…This Chicken cutlet is my DH n DD favorite. On Sundays either this cutlet or Fish cutlet they like to have with Chicken Biryani, but I limit this deep fry for not more than 10 medium size cutlets :-). This tasty cutlet is made with cooked/minced chicken, potato and onion with flavors of garam masala and ginger garlic paste. Will look in to the detailed recipe.
Bonelesss Chicken – 1 lb (Around 1/2kg)
Potato – Half (Large Size)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2tsp
Onion – 1 No.
Garam Masala Powder – 2tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Bread Crumbs – 2 Tbsp
Oil – For Deep Fry
Fennel Seeds – 1tsp (Optional)
Salt – As Needed
Bread Crumbs – As Needed
Egg – 1 Number
Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Salt – Pinch
- Cut potato in to halves, Pressure cook for 2 whistles with required water.
- Chop the chicken in to small pieces.
- In a pan add Chicken, ginger garlic paste, 1tsp garam masala, turmeric, salt and cook till chicken turns tender.
- If needed sprinkle little water and cook (don’t overcook).
- Cool the cooked chicken, take the cooked chicken alone and grind it finely with mixer.
- Cut the onion, optional green capsium to very thin slices, add salt and squeeze the excess water.
- Spread the bread crumbs in a plate.
- Beat egg, pepper and salt to coat the cutlet and keep ready.
- Add Ground Chicken, bread crumbs, 1tsp garam masala, Red Chilli powder, Mashed potato, onion, salt n fennel seeds, mix well.
- If needed add finely chopped coriander or curry leaves.
- Now roll the chicken mixture to round balls, brush it with egg mixture, don’t dip in the egg mixture, just brush on both sides.
- Now coat it well with bread crumbs, make atleast 4 before start frying.
- Then heat oil and fry the cutlets till golden brown.
- Egg brushing forms some bubbles while deep frying, nothing to worry its normal.
- I used carrot/paneer grater to grate onion to thin slices.
- If u have left over chicken juice, use it in gravies or biryani you prepare.
- Make any desired shape.
- I used homemade whole grain bread crumbs.