Milagu Adai : The long weekend went great with Lunch out/Movie/Special Day out to entertain kids and few usual purchases. Now I am supposed to post few karthigai deepam recipes on my space. Pepper is considered one among the main ingredient in neivedhyam. After marriage I started making special neivedhyams for Deepam and Milagu Adai is one among that. This is similar to authentic adai with less dhals and predominantly pepper is included. This adai tastes great when made as thin roast dosa and here is the detailed recipe…
Milagu Adai Ingredients
Idli Rice – 1 Cup
Sona Masoori/Raw Rice – 1/2 Cup
Toor Dhal – 1/3 Cup
Green Moong Dhal – 1/4 Cup
Bengal Gram/Chana Dhal – 2 Tbsp
Urad Dhal – 4 Tbsp
Cumin – 1tsp
Peppercorns – 1 Tbsp
Salt and Water – As Needed
To Temper (Optional)
Oil – 2tsp
Split Chana and Urad Dal – 2tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
- Soak rice and dals with cumin and l pepper for at least 3 and 1/2 hours.
- Grind it coarse add enough Salt and Water to the batter.
- Temper the ingredients given under “To temper” and add it to the batter.
- The batter consistency should not be too thick nor thin.
- Heat dosa griddle and drop a dollop of batter in the middle, immediately spread the batter in circular motion with thin consistency.
- When one side is done, flip it and cook the other side.
- When dosa turns light golden brown as shown in picture 4, take it out.
- Repeat the same for remaining batter.
- Serve it with butter for neivedhyam.
- Can have this instant dosa as it is but coconut chutney suits well.
I used mixie to grind the batter.
- For softer version increase thickness while spreading the batter in the dosa pan, otherwise add handful of shredded coconut while grinding the batter.
healthy n delicious..
Real healthy adai…
healthy adai,love pepper flavor:)
Join my ongoing EP events-Asafoetida OR Fennel seeds @ Divya's Culinary Journey
looks yummy & mouthwatering…delicious!
Healthy dosa, prefect for karthigai deepam celebration.
wow its yummy n healthy dosa… thanks for sharing dear…
GULAB JAMUN SNC NO-2
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA