The long weekend went great with Lunch out/Movie/Special Day out to entertain kids n few usual purchases. Now I am supposed to post few karthigai deepam recipes on my space. Pepper is considered one among the main ingredient in neivedhyam. After marriage I started making special neivedhyams for Deepam and Milagu Adai is one among that. This is similar to authentic adai with less dhals and predominantly pepper is included. This adai tastes great when made as thin roast dosa and here is the detailed recipe…
- Soak rice n dhals with cumin n pepper for atleast 3 and 1/2 hours.
- Grind it coarse enough Salt n Water .
- Temper the ingredients given under “To temper” and add it to the batter.
- The batter consistency should be like dosa batter.
- Heat dosa griddle and drop a dollop of batter, rotate in circular motion with thin consistency.
- When one side done, flip it and cook the other side.
- When turns light golden brown as shown in picture 4, take it out.
- Repeat the same for remaining batter.
- Serve it with butter for neivedhyam.
- Can have as it is but coconut chutney suits well.
I used mixie to grind the batter.
- For softer version increase thickness while rotating the batter in dosa pan, otherwise add handful of shredded coconut while grinding the batter.