Happy Diwali to ALL!!! On this special occasion, I am glad to announce my new culinary
domain . At the
same time my blogspot link is active forever. So today I am announcing this gud news with soft n yummy Jamun recipe. My cooking desire is pulling me to experiment more and more in my
kitchen n this recipe is one among my experiments which is diff from regular
jamuns. I prepared this Jamuns with whole wheat bread as the base
n the outcome was simply perfect n delicious. This Jamoons are easy to make in
few minutes with few ingredients, so I call this as bachelor Jamun. Try this hassle/crack free dessert for this Diwali, damn sure that you love this. Do keep
encouraging with ur comments and show ur love by hitting LIKE on my Facebook Fan Page,
Whole Wheat Bread Slices – 6 Number
Any type of Regular Milk – 3 Tbsp (plus if needed)
All Purpose Flour – 1 Tbsp
Baking Soda – A Pinch or 1/8tsp
Oil – For deep fryFor Sugar Syrup
Sugar – 3/4th Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp or Whole Cardomom – 2
Rose Syrup – 1 tsp (Optional)
Yields 30 medium size Jamuns
- Trim the dark brown edges from bread slices n pulse in blender for few seconds/powder well.
- Add flour, milk to this mixture n if needed sprinkle more milk n make a soft pilable dough.
- Don’t knead the dough for long time, Rest it for 40mins.
- Meanwhile make the sugar syrup (given below).
- After 40 mins, bread obsorbs all moisture and looks bit dry, again sprinkle little milk and the texture should be as shown in the picture.
- Now make soft , crackless, round balls out of it.( size depends
- Heat oil in kadai/pan with oil that immerse the balls, drop the balls n in medium flame cook till light or golden brown.
- Remove the excess oil using paper towel n allow to cool.
How to prepare Sugar syrup (As you do for instant gulab jamun mix)
- Add sugar n water in sauce pan bring to boil, after 5-8 mins, add cardamom or rose syrup for flavor and put off the stove.
- When the syrup is medium warm add the warm fried jamuns in to it.
- Rest it for 1hr or Jamuns completely turns soft.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- I have replaced a tbsp of regular milk with half n half but this is purely optional.
- If not having blender, soak the bread slices in milk, squeeze the excess milk and then continue with above steps.
- Can also do with white bread or mix of white n whole wheat bread.
- More moisture in the texture obsorbs more oil so keep an eye on it.
- I experimented without adding flour that obsorbed more oil compared to this version.