Today in this recipe will learn how to make Murungai Keerai Poriyal with Toor Dhal aka drumstick leaves or moringa leaves stir fry recipe in South Indian style.
Toor Dhal – 1/2 Cup
Drumstick Leaves – 2 Cups
Onion – 1 Number
Hing/Asafoetida – A Pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Sambar Powder/Whole Red Chili – 1tsp/2 Numbers
Shredded Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Murungai Keerai Poriyal Preparation
- Separate the leaves alone as shown in pictures 1 and 2 below.
- Wash and cook the dhal and drumstick leaves separately for 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion followed by hing, red chili or sambar n turmeric powder.
- Saute for few minutes then add cooked dhal and leaves right now, by draining excess water.
- Finally add shredded coconut, adjust salt and serve with sambar, rasam.
- The excess water can be used for making soup/rasam.
- Don’t cook the dal very mushy and also the leaves.
- For more Murunga Keerai / Moringa Recipe doc heck HERE.
helathy n delicious fry.goes well 4 roti.
very healthy and delicious stirfry. Would like to have it with plain rice.
healthy stir fry..
Simple and very healthy one akka… hope u enjoying in mom's place…:)
Beautifully done, who can resist to this wonderful and healthy poriyal,love to have simply with a bowl of rice.
i cant just have enough of those…i can have it daily
Healthy stir fry
Sharanya palanisshami (sara's TASTY BUDS)
delicious poriyal akka ……… my favorite………..