Papaya Puree – 2 Cups
Sugar – 3/4th Cup – 1 Cup
Cashew nut – 2 Tbsp
Milk – 3/4th Cup Cardamom powder mixed with sugar – 1 Tbsp
Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Cornstarch or Flour – 1 and 1/2 Tbsp
Papaya Halwa Preparation
- De-seed papaya and scoop out the pulp alone Pic 1.
- Blend it using juice extractor and take the fine puree alone (without lumps) Pic 2.
- Dilute the cornstarch or corn flour in milk.
- In a pan fry the cashew nut and remove it to add a later stage
- In the same pan add the papaya puree when it thickens a bit add milk + corn flour mixture in small quantity Pic 3.
- Add Cardamom powder at this stage Pic 3.
- Reduce the flame and stir well.
- When all done add sugar and stir continuously.
- When all mixed together it turns halwa consistency at one stage, at that time add fried nuts and remove from heat Pic 4.