After the busy weekend on Monday everyone feel lazy to cook right? I too feel the same and purposely make more chicken curry on Sunday so that I use it up the next day. This simple Indian style chicken curry pasta using left over chicken curry can be done in very few minutes of time and tastes too good. Its a great Lunch Box recipe after packing my H’s lunch then I keep the same for my lunch as well. Kids definitely like this very much, its optional to add vegetables in this pasta, if you get time then you can 🙂
Whole Grain Pasta – 1/2 Box (I use Rotini)
Onion – 1 Medium
Any Vegetables or Green Peas – 1/3 Cup (Optional)
Tomato – 1 Medium Size
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
Capsicum or Green Chili – Small piece or 1 number
Salt and Oil – As Needed
* Chicken Curry – 1/3 Cup
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Drain the excess water(Pic 1) and keep it ready.
- In a wide pan add oil followed by chopped onion, capsicum and then tomato.
- Add salt and saute till tomato mashes well(Pic 2).
- At this time you can add frozen/fresh green peas or some cooked veggies.
- Add optional garam masala powder, chicken curry (Pic 2) mix well and allow to boil.
- When curry gets thick then add cooked pasta (Pic 3).
- Mix everything well, adjust spices and salt (Pic 4).
- Serve hot topped with optional Parmesan cheese.