Today I am here with a healthy and complete meal, Vegan Spinach Corn Meal Chapathi/Roti Recipe…I got some pollen allergy for the past few days, Sorry guys I am not in a track so…Also for the first time I saw drops in my daughter eyes when i felt down…I haven’t cooked something special for blog or home from last week but I clicked this roti pictures a long time back. This is one of our routine dinner bread and hope you try it for your family soon!!! You can make it completely gluten free by making the chapathi with corn flour alone…Authentic roti is rolled/flattened using palms, you can check my bajra roti recipe here…
Recipe Source :- Own
* Corn Meal or Corn Flour – 1 Cup
Chapathi/Atta Flour – 1 Cup
Red Chili Powder – 1tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2tsp
Chopped Spinach or Methi or both – 1/3 Cup
Salt – As Needed
Warm Water – As Needed (You can add milk or whey water if you wish)
Oil – Optional
* If using corn meal then powder it in blender as i did in step wise Pic 1 below
- Mix all the above ingredients except water and oil (Pic 1).
- Sprinkle warm water and make a soft pliable dough (Pic 2).
- Rest it for 20 minutes at least.
- Make even lemon size balls out of it (Pic 3).
- Sprinkle some corn meal or oil and roll the ball in to slightly thick and not very thin roti (Pic 4).
- Heat tawa/dosa pan well and cook both sides till you get light brown spots (Pic 5), can add few drops of oil if you wish.
- Repeat the aboce 2 steps for remaining balls.
- Serve it with any curry, here in the display it is Peas/Matter Gravy.
- When you pack this roti for lunch, grease the top with 1 or 2 drops of oil and pack it in aluminum foil..