I have already posted fresh cherries infused brownies (egg based) since its a wish to post an eggless version of basic brownie. I have adapted the same and tried several times before publishing the recipe here. According to Wiki, A chocolate brownie is a flat, baked square or bar developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized in both the U.S. and Canada during the first half of the 20th century. The brownie is a cross between a cake and a cookie in texture. Brownies are either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density, and they may include nuts, frosting, whipped cream, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
Recipe Source :- Adapted From Here
APF/Maida – 2 Cups
Cocoa Powder – 3/4th Cup
Butter – 1 Cup (2 Sticks at room temperature)
Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 1n1/4tsp
* Yogurt – 1n 1/4 Cup (i use homemade yogurt made from reduced fat milk)
Coffe Powder – 2tsp – 3tsp/1 Tbsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/2 Cup (You can increase another 1/4 cup and decrease sugar to get strong choc flavor)
Sugar – 1n 1/2 Cup (I use 1 n 1/4 cup)
Salt – 1/2tsp
Vanilla Essence – 2tsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
* If using greek or thick yogurt just add few tbsps of warm water or oil to attain thick batter consistency.
- Mix the dry ingredients like flour, cocoa, coffee powder, baking powder, soda and salt in a separate bowl (Pic 1).
- Cream butter and sugar in a wide bowl until sugar combines well with butter.
- Now add yogurt and oil just give a gentle stir.
- Once done add flour mixture in batches (Pic 2).
- The final batter consistency should be thick unlike runny as we do for cakes or cupcakes (Pic 3 & 4).
- If using greek or thick yogurt just add few tbsps of warm water or oil to attain thick batter consistency.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips (Pic 3).
- Grease the cookie sheet or cake pan with parchment paper, drop the brownie batter in it.
- Bake at 350° F for 18-20 minutes I used 9 by 11 inch square cake pan here.
- Once toothpick or cake tester inserted at center comes out clean, remove from oven and cool completely (Pic 5).
- Once cooled completely slice and store this in air tight container and you can keep it in room temperature for 1 week.
brownies look yummy and soft.
I am hosting a diwali event. Please do participate. Thanks.
perfectly baked. love the pics, delicious!
Another tempting brownie recipe… so yummm!!! I am happy to follow your blog. Do visit my blog sometime and share your thoughts!!
Love the softness and texture !
Wow, this brownies is just alluring, wish i get a slice now.
looks soft and delicious..love to have it
love the texture.. so yum!
I love this, going to make this asap.
Yogurt based brownies are just wonderful and addictive!! personally i love baking it and enjoy it 😀 lovely clicks 🙂