In the August 1st week I celebrated my birthday with this eggless vanilla cupcakes. I personally feel yogurt is a best ingredient for eggless baking, also something healthier and you can reduce or dash egg and butter wherever the recipe calls. You can check more egg less butter less versions recipes here. These cupcakes were then decorated with blue buttercream icing so wished by my daughter. I couldn’t find time to
click more pictures and I used both silicone cupcake moulds (reusable) and paper cups for this single recipe.
Recipe Source :- Adapted from here
Yields – 6-9 Large Cupcakes
* Cake Flour or APF or Maida – 2 Cups
Thick Yogurt – 3/4 Cup Minus 1 tbsp (If yogurt is watery take 1 Cup Minus 1 Tbsp)
Unsalted Butter – 5 Tbsp (Room Temperature)
Baking Powder – 1 and 3/4tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
Sugar – 1 Cup or 1/4 cup more
Vanilla Essence – 2tsp (Cardamom Powder works well)
Lemon Juice or Vinegar – 1n1/2tsp (I use lemon juice, make sure to add mild)
* Remove 2 tbsp APF and add 2 tbsp cornstarch or corn flour in that place for a cup of maida/all purpose flour to get cake flour)
If you want you can add 2 eggs to the above measurement and reduce 1/4 cup yogurt.
Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes Preparation
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the room temperature butter and sugar until it looks creamy (Pic 1).
- Now add yogurt and vanilla essence mix well (Pic 2).
- Once yogurt well combined add the flour mixture in batches (Pic 3).
- Finally add lemon juice/vinegar and blend well.
- Drop in cupcake baking cups to 2/3 of the cup (Pic 4) and bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or till cake tester/toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before decorating it (Pic 5).
- Make icing/frosting over cupcakes of your choice.
- It’s my daughter wish to have blue color on top so i made blue butter cream to decorate and I have not used any special tooltip just a plain round large tip worked well.