Today I am sharing the Lunch Box Recipe Ideas 2 from the Lunch Box series which I have started recently @nithakitchen. Also with the recipe ideas, I am sharing the recipe for vegan pomegranate smoothie at the end of this post. Once a week,Read more: School Lunch Box Recipe Ideas 2
I prepare quesadillas to pack for school and office lunch boxes. So, in today’s vegan quesadilla, I used assorted veggies including carrots, beans, and tofu
On the Lunch box above
- Veg Quesadilla (recipe later)
- Vegan Apple Pie (vegan pie recipe later)
- Red Kidney Beans
- Vegan Pomegranate Smoothie
Vegan Apple Pie
My daughter kept asking for apple pie since it’s her favorite, so this time I made a vegan pie with a homemade, light or reduced-fat pie crust. Short description on how I made it
- In the pie plate stretch the pie dough.
- Add the prepared apple pie filling
- Make lattice pattern with pie dough over the filling
- Bake @425F for first 15 mins then 350F for 40-45 mins for a deep pie pan.
Red Kidney Beans Sundal
Rajma or Red Kidney Beans stir-fry is a basic sundal from South India, and I have provided the link for Kala Chana / Karuppu Konda Kaladai Sundal. I followed the same procedure to make this kidney beans recipe but I skipped coconut today.
- Soak Red Kidney beans for 5 hours.
- Rinse the soaked beans, add fresh water and cook them for 3 whistles.
- Drain the water and season the beans with spices and coconut.
YouTube Shorts For today’s Lunch box recipe ideas
Read More Chapati Recipes HERE
Lentil Stir Fry / Sundal Recipes HERE
Appetizer Recipes HERE
Pie Varieties HERE
Lunch Box Specials HERE
Vegan Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
Fresh Pomegranate Arils – 1.5 Cup
Coconut Milk – 1 Cup (Homemade)
If using store bought canned milk dilute 3/4 cup milk with 1/4 Cup water
Cardamom Powder – 1/2tsp
Cane sugar – Optional and As Needed
Add Pomegranate arils, coconut milk (I use fresh coconut milk) , cardamom powder and any vegan sweetener as per your choice. Blend together and dilute the smoothie as per your need.