Kala Chana/Black or White Chickpeas/Konda Kadalai – 1 Cup
* Idli Milagaai Podi/Multi Purpose Powder – 1 Tbsp Curry Leaves – Few
Green Chili – 1-2 Numbers
Shredded Coconut – 2 Tbsp
Chana Dal – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
*We South Indians make this podi particularly to have it with Tiffin varieties, also goes well with white rice, In a short its a mix of Chana, Urad dal, Sesame seeds and Red chilis.
- Soak chana for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook with necessary water and salt for 3 hisses.
- When pressure goes off, drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, when oil is hot add mustard seeds.
- Allow to splutter then add chana dhal, and wait for it to turn golden brown.
- Add Curry leaves, green chilis and Idli milagaai podi.
- Give a nice stir then add cooked chana and shredded coconut.
- Adjust salt before serving.
- You can replace black chickpeas with any other legume…
- You can skip coconut or reduce the quantity.