The Easter is the fun event here and kids enjoy lot with egg hunting and more…Kids were at home last week for spring break so they decided to make something for Easter and they wished to share it with their friends around. I baked the cupcakes and my elder did the piping on cupcakes. My little ones job was to add mini egg chocolates over the frosted cupcakes. Later they went to friends places to drop them. Trust me these cupcakes are super soft as pillow (look at the below picture) which basically needs yogurt and few homey ingredients. I already have the recipe with butterscotch buttercream frosting in different post (it is also in the above picture at the side) so I modified it for 12 cupcakes and the rest will look in detail…
Ingredients For 12 Cupcakes
Eggs – 3 large, at room temperature
Bit Watery Yogurt ie Homemade – 1/2 Cup (optional plus 1 or 2 tbsp), at room temperature
Baking Powder – 2tsp
Salt – 1/4tsp
Unsalted butter, at room temperature – 8 Tbsp (1 stick, softened)
Sugar – 1.25 Cups
Vanilla Extract – 2tsp
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and salt, whisk together and keep aside.
- Add the butter to the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until butter turns light and creamy in color.
- Add in the sugar, and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for one more minute.
- Mix the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients alternate with yogurt, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add vanilla extract and mix for 15 seconds longer.
- The final cupcake batter consistency should be as shown here.
- Line a 12 cupcake holder pan with paper liners/baking papers.
- Divide the prepared batter between paper liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way.
- In preheated oven at 350°F bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When we seek H to click our work, it usually happens like one below 🙂
- Decorate cooled cupcakes as desired.
Green Buttercream Frosting – 3/4 Cup
White Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
Shortening – 1/2 Cup (Optional you can use butter as well)
Butter – 1/2 Cup
Icing Sugar – 5 Cups
White Chocolate – 8oz packet (melted)
Vanilla Essence – 2tsp
Water – 3-4 Tbsp