Few are waiting for this Tiramisu Coffee Cake post and sorry for the delay, due to personal commitments I delayed this post since Friday. After posting the Tiramisu Sponge cake (no butter and no oil recipe) post and Homemade Mascarpone cheese Post, few visitors have requested about the icing I used in this cake, mascarpone cheese proportion for the filling and frosting so and so. I have made you to wait for a while , I apologize for it. Here are the answers for your queries, it is mascarpone icing that I used for filling and frosting. Will move in detail..
Since the cheese is made at home it does have lemon flavor to subtle that I increased vanilla extract. You can add coffee flavor by adding few tsps water mixed coffee granules (decation) in your cream if you wish.
Sponge cake – 3 layers
Heavy Cream – 1 Cup
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese – 1 Cup
Icing Sugar/Powdered Sugar – 1 Cup (or more)
Vanilla Extract – 2tsp
Shredded Chocolate bar For Decoration
Warm Water – 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp
Sugar – 1 Tbsp
Coffee Powder – 2tsp to 1 Tbsp for strong flavor
- Just mix all together and keep aside.
Tiramisu Coffee Cake Preparation
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks not stiff.
- Add the slightly whipped mascarpone cheese and icing sugar.
- All blends in a minute or two later add vanilla extract and finally the cream gives stiff peaks.
- Stop at that point, sorry for the unclear picture.
- Now coming to the cake slice the 6″ cake to 3.
- Add a tsp of cream to the cake plate.
- Soak the one side of sponge with coffee syrup.
- Gently place it over the cake plate coffee soaked side down.
- Soak the other side of sponges with coffee syrup.
- Now add dollop of mascarpone icing as a filling and even it.
- Repeat the same for the remaining two sponges.
- Finally add generous icing all over the cake and decorate it as shown in the picture.
- I have used Wilton 1M tip.
- Finally have added some shredded chocolate that is not in the step wise picture.
- Enjoy the cake chilled.
- I have the inner view of the cake in some other source will post it by the end of the day.