I know few are waiting for this Tiramisu Coffee Cake post and sorry for the delay, due to personal commitments I delayed this post since Friday. After posting the Tiramisu Sponge cake (no butter and no oil recipe) post and Homemade Mascarpone cheese Post, few visitors have requested about the icing I used in this cake, mascarpone cheese proportion for the filling and frosting so and so. I have made you to wait for a while , I apologize for it. Here are the
answers for your queries, it is Mascarpone Cheese Whipped Cream Frosting which I used for filling and frosting. Will move in detail..
Since the cheese is made at home it does have lemon flavor to subtle that I increased vanilla extract. You can add coffee flavor by adding few teaspoons water mixed coffee granules (decation) in your cream if you wish.
What you need for Tiramisu Sponge Cake
Warm Water – 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp
Sugar – 1 Tbsp
Coffee Powder – 2tsp to 1 Tbsp for strong flavor
- Just mix all together and keep aside.
Tiramisu Coffee Cake Preparation
- Whip the homemade or store bought Mascarpone cheese just to blend(refer below pic, the left side bowl).
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks not stiff (on the right side bowl, can check the video demo HERE).
- Add the slightly whipped mascarpone cheese and icing sugar.
- All blends in a minute or two, do add vanilla extract and finally the cream gives stiff peaks.
- Stop at that point, Mascarpone Cheese Whipped Cream Frosting is ready and refer pictures below.
- Now coming to the cake slice the 6″ cake to 3 layers.
- Add a tsp of cream to the cake plate/cake board.
- Soak one side of sponge with coffee syrup, can soak all layers except the bottom layer facing cake board.
- Gently place it over the cake plate coffee soaked side facing up.
- Soak the other sponges with coffee syrup as well.
- For filling do dilute the mascarpone whipped cream with a small portion of heavy cream to soft filling and do apply over cake layers.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining two sponges.
- Finally add generous frosting all over the cake and decorate it as shown in the pictures.
- I have used Wilton 1M tip to decorate as shown below.
- Finally have added some shredded/shaved chocolate that is not in the step wise picture.
- Enjoy the cake chilled.
I have the inner view of the cake in some other source
will post it by the end of the day , here is the inner view from eggless sponge cake with mild coffee syrup.