Eggless Tiramisu Cake , My humble attempt on famous Italian Tiramisu with Eggless Sponges and using homemade Mascarpone Cheese. I shown this recipe in an easy way to my dear
followers. Yup this cake is made without Savoiardi/Ladyfingers/Biscuits, No Oven Cake, No Store Bought Mascarpone Cheese Used , No Electric Beater Used and No Cake Turntable Used !
I made this cake for my milestone birthday last year since then this cake picture is in our Facebook Fan Page. Also I mentioned a video clip in few of my recent videos like
saying coming next or coming soon. I am so sorry for delaying this post. While moving files to new hard disk few video files of this cake got missed/deleted and it took time to recover.
I made a promise to myself to post this recipe before my next birthday. Yay I did it 🙂 I was wearing beads bracelet in the video which was given by my daughter as a birthday gift :-). And it was her wish to wear it on the special day. So I sorry my hand got zoomed in several clips it was the beginner time I recorded video clips with the tripod.
If you try this Eggless Tiramisu Cake, please don't forget to rate and comment your feedback at the bottom of the post. Also if you have any questions do feel free to leave a comment for the same and I will try to answer it asap. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for day to day menu ideas , instant recipes, healthy bakes and garden tips ! Follow me on YouTube for clear video tutorials especially on baking recipes with Recipe Cards or Pinterest for healthy snack ideas and Facebook for recipe updates!
|Eggless Sponge Cake For Tiramisu|
|Homemade Mascarpone Cheese|
|Homemade Mascarpone Whipped Cream|
|Eggless Tiramisu Cake Preparation|
|Complete Video Recipe|
Eggless Sponge Cake
I made Eggless sponge cakes and with the same batter some coconut cupcakes (refer picture below). I planned so, so that kids have cupcakes and the coffee cake for us and friends and neighbors around. Still I know they taste the cake so added mild flavor. But you can increase the coffee flavor accordingly. I have various Eggless Sponge in my blog do check it HERE.
Ingredients For Sponge Cake
MAIDA / ALL PURPOSE FLOUR – 1.75 CUP (210 GRAMS)
CORN FLOUR – 1/4 CUP (40 GRAMS APPROX)
UNSALTED BUTTER – 1 STICK / 8 TBSP (4 OZ/114 GRAMS)
FLAVORLESS OIL – 1/4 CUP (54 GRAMS/60ML)
CURD / YOGURT – 1 CUP (260 GRAMS)
SUGAR – 1 CUP (3/4 TH CUP FOR MILD SWEETNESS)
SOOJI / SEMOLINA / RAVA – 1/4 CUP (42 GRAMS)
MILK – 1/3 CUP PLUS 3 TBSP (80ML + 45ML)
BAKING POWDER – 1.75 TSP (7 GRAMS)
BAKING SODA – 3/4 TSP (4.5 GRAMS)
SALT – 1/4 TSP ( 1.5 GRAMS)
CARDAMOM POWDER – 1 TSP(2 GRAMS) OR
VANILLA EXTRACT – 1 TSP (4.9 ml)
Cake Batter Preparation
- Keep the butter at room temperature ahead.
- Soak sooji in 1/3 cup milk before start making the cake batter.
- Also drain excess whey from homemade curd / yogurt.
- With soften butter grease the cake pan and with mix of all purpose flour and corn flour dust the cake pan.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the flour and mix thoroughly using hand whisk.
- Now cream the butter and when its smooth do add sugar followed by oil.
- Cream all together well.
- Add 1 cup drained/hung curd unflavored yogurt to the butter mixture and whisk all to combine.
- Add flour mixture in batches to the wet ingredients, to the last batch add 1-1.5 tbsp milk.
- Finally add soaked Sooji/Semolina to the cake batter.
- But make sure you keep the batter thick as shown in video and adjust consistency with remaining milk.
- Add 1.25 tsp Cardamom powder and bake this batter in 2- 8 or 9 inch cake pans or in 3- 6 inch pans.
- If using oven 350 F for 22-25 minutes and on stove it take 35-40 minutes.
- The detailed recipe is HERE.
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese
- Coming to HM Mascarpone Cheese i have made it in two ways by using cream of tartar in first method and baking powder in second method.
- Since i used less quantity cream all over the cake and filling , the mentioned quantity was sufficient for me but do increase as per your requirement…
- Also I made the cheese a day ahead and wrapped with cling wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
Homemade Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- This is one way to stabilize the whipped cream, yup adding Mascarpone cheese makes the whipped cream thick and perfect for frosting the cakes.
- So for filling i make it soft and creamy by adding quarter portion of Mascarpone whipped cream with 1/3 cup soft peak regular whipped cream (Pic 7 below).
- You can make it a bit more of cheese and whipped cream and if there is any leftover do make yummy choco bar out of it.
- The homemade cheese has lemon flavor to overcome i used more Vanilla Extract but do reduce the quantity of vanilla if you use store bought cheese or used Vinegar when making cheese.
- The whipped cream consistency depends on how you want, it its so thick do adjust with whipping cream, if its runny and not holding shape do adjust with Mascarpone cheese.
- Look at my work on egg based Tiramisu sponge cake made few years ago it has little soft texture compared to this.
- I tried making cream with low fat cream/half and half cream and that was a success too. Try a small portion while experimenting.
- For that take low fat cream 35-40% and remaining use Mascarpone cheese.
How to Whip the Cream
- Take equal proportion of whipping cream and Mascarpone Cheese.
- If the cheese is homemade then increase 2oz (.25 cup) since its texture is softer than store bought.
- Whip the HM Mascarpone cheese till it blends (Pic 1) and keep aside.
- In a chill bowl pour whipping cream (Pic 2) and whip (Pic 3) until it gets thick (refer video) & (Pic 4).
- The cream leaves tracks that its the indication.
- Now add Vanilla Extract, Powdered Sugar and Mascarpone Cheese to it (Pic 5) and whip until it gets thick and stiff peaks as shown in video and Pic 6.
- Keep refrigerated until use.
- You can use electric hand blender to quicken the process.
Eggless Tiramisu Cake Ingredients
Whipping/ Heavy Cream – 1.25 Cup
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese – 10oz (1.25 Cup)
OR Store Bought Marcarpone Cheese – 8oz
Icing Sugar – 1/3 Cup or More
Eggless Sponge Cake – 3 – 6 ” Layers of 3″ height in total
Chocolate Malt Balls / Whoppers – To Decorate
Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp (To Decorate)
Filtered (brewed) Coffee / Kahlua Liqueur – 1/3 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
Eggless Tiramisu Cake Preparation
- Now the cake layers are ready, whipped cream for filling and frosting is ready.
- Dilute Instant Coffee in hot water or use Filtered Cofee / Brewed Coffee/ Coffee Decoction / Kahlua Liqueur as per the availability.
- Take a plate or cake board and place it over a bowl or stove (Pic 8).
- Add a tsp cream to the board to hold the cake.
- Gently place the first layer of cake, top side facing up.
- Soak the cake with filtered coffee as shown (Pic 8).
- Add Mascarpone whipped cream and evenly spread it (Pic 9).
- Soak the remaining two layers on both sides and place the next layer facing down (Pic 10).
- Add cream , spread it even and add the final layer (Pic 11).
- Now add remaining half of the whipped cream and crumb coat the entire cake.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes minimum.
- Also chill the remaining cream until use.
- I felt the leftover cream thickened so added few tsp whipping cream and brought it to right consistency (Pic 13).
- Even if you over whip add heavy cream/whipping cream to it and whip until you get desired texture.
- Add second and last coat to the cake (Pic 13).
- Make sharp edges as shown (Pic 14).
- Also i made some swirls on top (refer video)
- Using 1 M tip i decorated the cake on top with leftover cream.
- Also added malted chocolate balls (Whoppers) over it.
- In the middle i dusted some cocoa powder.
- Then finally cake cutting time 🙂
Eggless Tiramisu Cake Print Card
- Whipping Cream – 1.25 Cup
- Homemade Mascarpone Cheese – 10 oz 1.25 Cup
- OR Store Bought Marcarpone Cheese – 8 oz
- Icing Sugar – 1/3 Cup or More
- Eggless Cake – 3 – 6 ” Layers of 3″ height
- Chocolate Malt Balls / Whoppers – To Decorate
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp To Decorate
- Filtered brewed Coffee / Kahlua Liqueur – 1/3 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
Now the cake layers are ready, whipped cream for filling and frosting is ready.
Dilute Instant Coffee in hot water or use Filtered Cofee / Brewed Coffee/ Coffee Decoction / Kahlua Liqueur as per the availability.
Take a plate or cake board and place it over a bowl or stove (Pic 8).
Add a tsp cream to the board to hold the cake.
Gently place the first layer of cake, top side facing up.
Soak the cake with filtered coffee as shown (Pic 8).
Add Mascarpone whipped cream and evenly spread it (Pic 9).
Soak the remaining two layers on both sides and place the next layer facing down (Pic 10).
Add cream , spread it even and add the final layer (Pic 11).
Now add remaining half of the whipped cream and crumb coat the entire cake.
Let it chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes minimum.
Also chill the remaining cream until use.
I felt the leftover cream thickened so added few tsp whipping cream and brought it to right consistency (Pic 13).
Even if you over whip add heavy cream/whipping cream to it and whip until you get desired texture.
Add second and last coat to the cake (Pic 13).
Make sharp edges as shown (Pic 14).
Also i made some swirls on top (refer video)
Using 1 M tip i decorated the cake on top with leftover cream.
Also added malted chocolate balls (Whoppers) over it.
In the middle i dusted some cocoa powder.
Then finally cake cutting time 🙂
- Whatever you make ahead of Frosting the cake , do wrap and properly store in the refrigerator.
- Baked cakes need to be in freezer to retain the texture.
- Don’t let the Mascarpone Cheese dry, then it mess the entire whipped cream texture.
- I have used just 3 tbsp of sugar in the cream , also in cake and we prefer the cake that way.
- Mistakes happen if you over whipped do add tsps of whipping cream , mix them both let it chill for 30 minutes then whip it and don’t forget to stop at right texture.
- I have discussed everything in my whipped cream recipe do check it out.
- If you are not sufficient with Mascarpone whipped cream at the last minute do adjust with regular whipping cream.
Hope i covered everything upon doubts and queries i will update the same post with more information. Dear readers will meet you soon with another great post. Thanks for reading :-).
[…] with homemade cheese and every time it turns out great. Have made classic Egg based Tiramisu and Egg free Tiramisu Cake using homemade cream. Now using homemade Mascarpone made Mango flavored Mascarpone Whipped Cream to […]
[…] 3 inch 6 cakes where used for Tiramisu sponge Cake with homemade Mascarpone Cheese for my birthday (will be coming up with detailed video recipe […]
[…] Cheese I prepare just a day ahead of decorating/frosting the cake. I use fresh whipped cream or Mascarpone cheese frosting for wherever the recipe calls. Decorated cake should be consumed within 3-4 days upon proper […]
[…] Eggless Tiramisu Cake Using Homemade Mascarpone Cheese says: July 28, 2020 at 11:15 am […]
[…] Gulab Jamun Cheesecake Video Recipe – 650th Celebration Post Eggless Tiramisu Cake Using Homemade Mascarpone Cheese […]
[…] Eggless Tiramisu Cake Video Recipe […]