Today in this recipe will learn how to make Murungakeerai Poriyal with Toor Dhal aka drumstick leaves or moringa leaves stir fry recipe in South Indian style.
Toor Dhal – 1/2 Cup
Drumstick Leaves – 2 Cups
Onion – 1 Number
Hing/Asafoetida – A Pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Sambar Powder/Whole Red Chili – 1tsp/2 Numbers
Shredded Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Murungakeerai Poriyal Preparation
- Separate the leaves alone as shown in pictures 1 and 2 below.
- Wash and cook the dhal and drumstick leaves separately for 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion followed by hing, red chili or sambar n turmeric powder.
- Saute for few minutes then add cooked dhal and leaves right now, by draining excess water.
- Finally add shredded coconut, adjust salt and serve with sambar, rasam.
- The excess water can be used for making soup/rasam.
- Don’t cook the dal very mushy and also the leaves.
- For more Murunga Keerai / Moringa Recipe doc heck HERE.