Today I am here with an authentic kongu style Peerkangai Kadaisal Masiyal Recipe , a signature recipe of my Grandma. It’s a simple, healthy and delicious dish which can be prepared in few minutes of time when you use pressure cooker. I love this masiyal to core so my grandma makes it often. I still remember her way of cooking this kadaisal in mud pot (lil time consuming process), nowadays I make this masiyal in the same way ie using clay pot. This Ridge gourd dish goes very well with rice+ghee combo, also it is a best accomplishment with dosa or idli…If you don’t have mud pot do try the same by sauteing the ingredients in a wide pan and then pressure cook the stuff for 2 hisses with 1/2 cup water.
Recipe Source :- My Grandma
Ingredients for Peerkangai Kadaisal Masiyal Recipe
Peerkangai – 1 Number (Approx 12″)
Onion/Shallot – 8 Numbers
Tomato – 1 Number (Medium)
Green Chili – 1-2 Numbers or More
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Curry Leaves – Few
Oil – 2tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2tsp
How to make Peerkangai Kadaisal Masiyal
- Peel the skin, clean and chop the peerkangaai in to cubes.
- In a kadai/pot, heat oil add chopped shallot/onion, cumin seeds,green chili and saute for couple of minutes (Pic 1).
- Now add chopped tomato, salt saute till tomato mashes well.
- Finally add peerkangaai(Pic 2), sprinkle some water and cover it with a lid.
- Cook in medium flame and sprinkle water whenever necessary(Pic 3), you can pressure cook too…
- Also use masher and mash it on and off to cook soon.
- When the veggie cooked and turns soft and juicy, remove from heat(Pic 4).
- You can use potato masher/Mathu(Pic 4) to mash it otherwise use blender to make in to a smooth paste.
- Temper mustard and curry leaves, garnish over it.
- Serve masiyal with Rice or TiffinVarieties.