Here comes the healthy and colorful Black Bean Salsa or Salad Recipe. You can take this veggies mixed salsa with Tortilla or any chips or as a tummy fill salad. You can use it on baked potatoes, or wrap it with Tacos and Burritos; also you can mix it up with lettuce/salad leaves and make it even more healthier.
Homemade 1.5 Cup of Black Beans or Store Bought Black Beans, drained and rinsed – 1 Can (15 oz)
Any Fresh Sprouts – 2 Tbsp or More
Fresh Corn, cooked – 1/4 Cup Avocado – 1, peeled, pitted, and diced
Jalapeno Pepper – 1, seeded and diced (Optional)
Chopped Cilantro – 2 Tbsp
Chopped Carrot – 2 Tbsp
Chopped Tomato – 1 Tbsp and More
Cherry Tomatoes – As Needed
Chopped Cucumber – 2 Tbsp
Red Pepper/Capsicum – 1/4 Large, seeded and diced
Red Onion – 1/4 , diced
Ground Pepper – 1/4tsp
Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
Juice of 1 lime/lemon
Salt – 1tsp
- Clean and make the veggie ingredients ready.
- Slice the kernels off from the corn cobs or you can use frozen corn, microwave it for few seconds and it is ready to use.
- Dice the red pepper, onion, and chop up carrot and cilantro.
- Chop cucumber, tomato, Peel (Pic 1), remove the seed (pit) and chop the avocado as well (Pic 2).
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently so that pepper and lime juice coats well (Pic 3).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature toss it and if needed add more pepper,salt and lime juice for taste.
- Serve at room temperature as a salsa with chips, a side dish on baked potatoes, with grilled chicken, on tacos and burritos.
- We often take it as it is for dinner.
- If you are using dry black beans then refer this link to learn how to soak and cook black beans.