If you are searching for a perfect eggless almond sponge cake recipe from scratch then here you go. Here in this recipe the addition of almond meal (powdered almond) enhances the taste of the cake. This almond cake is too soft and spongy with perfect texture. I have seen many recipes with more quantity of condensed milk but here in my recipe I have used minimal for the rest I have used yogurt (if you don’t have condensed milk on handy replace with yogurt and increase sugar). So on the whole it’s a very yummy cake that I assure you…
Recipe Source :- Own
Eggless Almond Sponge Cake Recipe From Scratch
APF/Maida – 2 Cups (I use unbleached APF, can replace 1/4 cup with almond flour)
Sweetened Condensed Milk -1/2 Cup (Replace with Yogurt + 1/4 Cup Regular Sugar)
Thick Yogurt – 1 Cup (I use homemade yogurt prepared from whole milk)
Melted Butter – From 1 Stick/1/2 Cup
Almond Meal – 1/3 Cup ( For blanching the almonds refer Here)
Baking Powder – 2and1/2tsp
Regular Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Almond Extract – 2tsp (Replace with Vanilla Extract)
Baking Soda – 3/4tsp
Salt – 1/4tsp
Optional Milk for cake batter consistency
The weather was so dull while clicking pictures 🙁 ,
Also I have few more pictures of cake slices may edit and upload soon…
Yields 1 – 8″ inch cake of almost 2″ height.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and allow them to cool completely.
- Soak the almond meal (i use homemade almond meal Pic 1) in 1/4 cup of warm milk for a while say 10 minutes and grind them to smooth paste (its optional to grind, you can add them directly as well).
- In a wide mixing bowl add yogurt, condensed milk , almond paste, almond extract or vanilla extract and mix them all together (Pic 2).
- Now add melted butter (Pic 2) and then sugar (Pic 3), mix them properly.
- Now add the flour mixture in batches to the wet mixture (Pic 4).
- You may not need electrical beater, ordinary whisk or even you can use mixie to make a pulse (Pic 5).
- Adjust the cake batter consistency (Pic 5) with milk if needed…
- Don’t over beat the flour with the wet ingredients.
- Now in prepared oven pour the cake batter (Pic 6) and in preheated oven bake at 350 F for 22-25 minutes or until the cake tester (tooth pick) inserted at the center comes out clean (Pic 7).
- Now allow the cake to cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes (Pic 7) and then flip it (Pic 9) and release the pan.
- Flip the cake and allow to cool completely may take 30-40 minutes (Pic 8).
- Once cooled make decorations of your own.
- I have topped this eggless almond sponge cake with mild sweetened whipped cream and blueberries and some powdered sugar over it.
- Dont use too watery yogurt, if doing so adjust the other wet ingredients, though the cake texture differs.
- Don’t make the cake batter too runny.
- Depending on the type of flour, quantity of butter and condensed milk the texture may vary for you from the output i got.
- Even the cake crust differs slightly because of the pan you use.
- For strong almond taste do replace another 1/2 cup flour with almond meal.