I usually prepare this gravy atleast once in a week, a delicious gravy goes well with rice/roti/dosa…I took this pictures few months back n just got time to post it :-(. Many of you asked for non veg recipes, so here it is…Try this weekend n hv gr8 time with ur family 🙂Ingredients to grind
Whole Cinnamon – 1 No.
Whole Cloves – 4 No.
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Tomato – 1/2 No.
Coriander Leaves – To garnish
- Clean n cut the chicken in to pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, turmeric n salt for atleast 30mins.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan, add cumin, pepper, fennel, whole red chilli, onion, garlic n coriander seeds, saute well.
- When onion changes light brown finally add turmeric powder, coconut n dalia, remove from heat. Toss for few mins when the mixture cooled completely grind it to a fine paste.
- Again add oil to the same pan temper with whole pepper, curry leaves then add finely chopped small onion(Picture 3), tomato saute till tomato mashes well then add marinated chicken and start cook in medium flame for few more mins.
- When chicken starts leaving water add the ground paste (Picture 4 n 5) and transfer it to the pressure cooker (like I did for Pepper Chicken Chettinad gravy) allow 2 whistles (Picture 6).
- When pressure goes off again transfer to the wide open pan/kadai n allow to cook for few mins till the gravy gets thick, the gravy consistency is upto you.
- If you like to have bit watery then cook for shrot time otherwise add less water while grinding n cooking chicken then cook in low flame to evaporate excess water n when oil floates on top, then put off the stove…
- Can substitute coriander powder in place of whole coriander.
- If you like to have more spicy then add red chilli powder at any time.
- Can use mix of red n green chillies too..