Today’s post is delicious and healthy raw moong sprouts pepper rice. The sprouted moong dal can be eaten raw as salad or sundal. This rice version can be done with very less ingredients and quick when you have the sprouted beans handy. You never get the feel of raw beans by tempering and mixing the cooked rice with pepper powder. Also I have explained how to make sprouted beans at home, bit time consuming process but worth making it. I have attached video tutorial for making sprouts at home at the end of the post, do check it out. Let’s move on to the recipe in detail…
Whole Green Moong Bean – 3/4th Cup
Cooked Rice – 2 Cups
Pepper Powder – 1/2 Tbsp (I used coarsely powdered whole pepper corns)
Urad Dal – 2tsp
Chana dal – 2tsp
Mustard – 1tsp
Salt and Oil
Moong Sprouts Pepper Rice Preparation
- Soak the moong beans overnight or at least 8hrs Pic 1.
- Tie the soaked dal in muslin/damp (wet) cloth for another 8-16 hours Pic 2.
- If using cloth, pierce with needle all over.
- Also wet the cloth on and off (At least once in 5hrs) so the dal won’t dry out Pic 2.
- If the dal sprouted well Pic 3, Heat oil and do the tempering.
- Now add Pepper powder, sprouted beans and saute gently for couple of minutes (3-5mins in medium flame) Pic 4.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix evenly Pic 5.
- This rice is a perfect healthy one pot meal which doesn’t need any side dish Pic 6.
- Optional to have it with Raita/gravies.
You can increase pepper powder with 1tsp.
Very healthy n filling meal, nice clicks dear…
Sangee, long time no updates?! TC
alsmot d same procedure which i follows n i hvae d reicpe in my blog too..nice clik btw
That looks good and will be perfect for a healthy diet 🙂 Nice clicks 🙂
looks so temtping.
Very yummy n healthy rice akka…
Vidhya Viju Govind
I have a Liebster Award for you at my space – pls collect it. 🙂
yummy,healthy and a colourful rice
very healthy rice…
healthy and delicious rice..
Very healthy and nutritious rice, love that pepper touch here.
very healthy rice dear..
Healthy and yummy rice.. Nice clicks too 🙂
Lovely rice!! Wonderful presentation!
Yummy and healthy rice . nice presentation.
wow yummm.. looks so lovely and delicious 🙂
looks fantastic… beautiful presentation…
need that healthy bowl right nowwww
Wow healthy and tasty too.