I have changed the food style from last December and the occasional salad has turned must for our dinner nowadays…Today I am here with a very healthy and filling sprouted dried moong beans and veggies mixed salad. Though the salad leafs/lettuces are not familiar in most of the places, this salad can be done with easy available ingredients. This is the recipe/salad asked by many of my friends and relatives…Actually this salad helps for weight loss, slow digestion of this food reduces/controls blood sugar, on the whole diet and diabetic friendly…My H requested to add calorie and nutritional facts per serving, will come up like that in future for such healthy posts 🙂
Whole Moong Bean – 3/4th Cup
Chopped Raw Vegetables – Carrot/Cucumber or Zucchini/Avocado – 1 Cup
Pomegranate seeds – 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Grape Tomatoes – Optional
Sliced Onion/Tomato/Capsicum – 1/4 Cup
Pepper n Salt -As Needed
Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp
Chat Masala – 1/2tsp (Optional)
How to sprout the moong bean
- Wash (Pic 1) and Soak the moong dhal/beans overnight or for 12 hours atleast.
- Drain the excess water from the soaked beans(Pic 2).
- Tie the soaked beans in muslin/damp(wet) cloth for another 8-16hrs.
- If using cloth, pierce with needle all over and here is the picture after 8 hours (Pic 3).
- Also wet the cloth on and off (At least once in 5hrs) so the beans won’t dry out.
- If the whole beans sprouted well like shown in Picture above, mix it with chopped raw vegetables of your choice.
- Also add pomegranate seeds then finally toss it with lemon juice,pepper,chat masala and salt.
- Can have this for lunch or dinner.
- You can mix cabbage/lettuce along with this.
- You can add sliced onions if you like.
- In the hot/sunny temperature they sprout well and quick in 8hrs.