Spaghetti with meatless meat balls recipe includes vegetarian kofta balls aka Paneer/cottage cheese, Rajma/red kidney beans, carrot for making veg koftas. The prepared veg balls then added to tomato/spaghetti sauce and finally served with cooked spaghetti. This recipe is purely vegetarian and great lunch box idea too…Recipe Source – Adapted from here
Yields – 2-3 Servings (Use 1/2 lb or 225gms of Spaghetti)
Also you can use baked veggie beans and spinach balls here
Ingredients for meat balls
Rajma/Red Kidney Beans- 1/2 Cup
Shredded Carrot – 1/2 Cup
Chopped Onion – 3/4th Cup
Paneer – 3/4th – 1 Cup (Chenna from 3 and 1/2cups of whole milk)
Bread Crumbs – 1/4 Cup
APF/Maida – 7 Tbsp
Whole Garlic – 2-3 Numbers
Red Chili Flakes or Powder – 1tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
Pepper – 1tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves or Spinach – 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Oil – For Deep Fry
- Soak dried beans overnight (8 hrs), pressure cook for 3 hisses with necessary water.
- Drain the excess water, By this time it will be 1 cup, Grind 3/4th cup of rajma to fine paste.
- Mix rajma paste along with remaining ingredients (Pic 1).
- Make gooseberry size balls and fry it in hot oil till golden brown (Pic 2).
- You can bake it as well by spraying little oil.
- These fritters can be the perfect tea time snack/after school hours snack for kids…
- Now prepare the spaghetti sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce
Olive Oil – 3 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 3 Numbers (Large)
Onion – 1 Number (Large)
Tomato Ketch up – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 4-5 Numbers
Oregano and Basil Leaves – 1/2tsp each
Salt and pepper – 1 tsp each
- In a sauce pan boil the water, when starts bubbling, remove from heat and add the tomatoes.
- Allow to sit for another 5 minutes and peel the skin.
- Grind the peeled tomatoes without bigger chucks.
- Heat 1 and 1/2 tbsp of oil, add chopped onions, chopped garlic, saute well.
- Add tomato puree, salt and pepper (Pic 3).
- Again I blended this to fine paste.
- Another option is you can saute onion and garlic separately in oil, make paste of it and add with tomato puree.
- Now heat remaining 1 n 1/2 tbsp of oil, add the whole ground paste, tomato ketch up n herbs (Pic 4).
- When comes to rolling boil, reduce the flame to low mode.
- Let it cook for another 30mins (stir in between) or oil separates and floats on top.
- Now add remaining 1/4th cup of cooked rajma (optional).
- Finally add the meat balls (Pic 5), for crunchy balls you can add it at the time of serving.
- But the specialty is, the meat balls tastes heaven when soaked with sauce, so i usually prefer that.
How to serve
- Cook the spaghetti as per direction in the packet (Pic 6).
- Now for kids you can chop the spaghetti and mix with sauce, for comfort eating.
- For adults you can separately pack the sauce and cooked spaghetti.
- Anyways enjoy when it is hot 🙂
yummy and healthy "meat" balls looks so tasty
Good fusion spaghetti is always a welcome in our home
Very tempting and inviting clicks! love it!
Yum and its simply divine. Adore the flavors though I have to admit that spaghetti is once a while for us.
That's a wonderful vegetarian option…looks very tempting
Looks amazing ! Healthy and yum…
Awesome balls with great combo..loved your neat presentation.Yummy and tempting dish.
Amazing treat for the vegetarians, looks so delicious.
Healthy combo sageetha
wow super tempting spaghetti with balls aks… its really very drooling here…
thats so tempting sangee.. can try with chicken or fish balls too..
Seriously loved ur meatless meat balls, thought u prepared them with soya, excellent balls Sis..Drooling here.
looks simply awesome! Wonderfully prepared.
yummy and inviting
They look very yummy & healthy too 🙂 Cute clicks !!