This recipe includes Paneer/cottage cheese, Rajma/red kidney beans, carrot for making veg koftas. The prepared veg balls then added to tomato/spaghetti sauce and finally served with cooked spaghetti. This recipe is purely vegetarian and great lunch box idea too…Recipe Source – Adapted from here
Yields – 2-3 Servings (Use 1/2 lb or 225gms of Spaghetti)
Ingredients for meat balls
Rajma/Red Kidney Beans- 1/2 Cup
Shredded Carrot – 1/2 Cup
Chopped Onion – 3/4th Cup
Paneer – 3/4th – 1 Cup (Chenna from 3 n 1/2cups of whole milk)
Bread Crumbs – 1/4 Cup
APF/Maida – 7 Tbsp
Whole Garlic – 2-3 Numbers
Red Chili Flakes or Powder – 1tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
Pepper – 1tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves or Spinach – 1/4 Cup (Optional)
Oil – For Deep Fry
- Soak dried beans overnight (8 hrs), pressure cook for 3 hisses with necessary water.
- Drain the excess water, By this time it will be 1 cup, Grind 3/4th cup of rajma to fine paste.
- Mix rajma paste along with remaining ingredients (Pic 1).
- Make gooseberry size balls and fry it in hot oil till golden brown (Pic 2).
- You can bake it as well by spraying little oil.
- These fritters can be the perfect tea time snack/after school hours snack for kids…
- Now prepare the spaghetti sauce.
Ingredients for Sauce
Olive Oil – 3 Tbsp
Tomatoes – 3 Numbers (Large)
Onion – 1 Number (Large)
Tomato Ketch up – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 4-5 Numbers
Oregano and Basil Leaves – 1/2tsp each
Salt and pepper – 1 tsp each
- In a sauce pan boil the water, when starts bubbling, remove from heat and add the tomatoes.
- Allow to sit for another 5 minutes and peel the skin.
- Grind the peeled tomatoes without bigger chucks.
- Heat 1 n 1/2 tbsp of oil, add chopped onions, chopped garlic, saute well.
- Add tomato puree, salt and pepper (Pic 3).
- Again I blended this to fine paste.
- Another option is you can saute onion and garlic separately in oil, make paste of it and add with tomato puree.
- Now heat remaining 1 n 1/2 tbsp of oil, add the whole ground paste, tomato ketch up n herbs (Pic 4).
- When comes to rolling boil, reduce the flame to low mode.
- Let it cook for another 30mins (stir in between) or oil separates and floats on top.
- Now add remaining 1/4th cup of cooked rajma (optional).
- Finally add the meat balls (Pic 5), for crunchy balls you can add it at the time of serving.
- But the specialty is, the meat balls tastes heaven when soaked with sauce, so i usually prefer that.
How to serve
- Cook the spaghetti as per direction in the packet (Pic 6).
- Now for kids you can chop the spaghetti and mix with sauce, for comfort eating.
- For adults you can separately pack the sauce and cooked spaghetti.
- Anyways enjoy when it is hot 🙂