Today I am with a healthy spinach stuffed savory pie/Spinach Fatayer recipe. This recipe belongs to Middle East Food/Arabic bakes category. I prepared twice before posting here. This savory pies are perfect for evening snack/dinner, which can be served with warm soup. This Fatayer is definitely a keeper recipe and I will update better pictures later!!! This recipe is off to Priya sis (Home Bakers Challenge) hosted by Rafeeda.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Courtesy: Mideast Food
For the Dough
All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
Salt – 1/2tsp
Vegetable Oil – 3 Tbsp
Water – 1/4 Cup
For the Spinach Filling
Fresh Spinach – 1/2 pound, finely chopped
Onion – 1 Medium Size , chopped
Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
Walnuts – 1/4 Cup , chopped (can use peanuts)
Vegetable Oil – 2tsp
Salt – 1/2tsp
Pepper – 1/4tsp
Ground Sumac – 1/8tsp (Optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add oil and begin to knead dough.
- Once oil is absorbed, add warm water, Knead into an elastic dough.
- Shape dough into 2 inch diameter balls, cover and set aside.
- Wash spinach and soak in salted water while you chop vegetables. Rinse spinach and dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Combine and toss filling ingredients.
- Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each ball of dough (Pic 1).
- Cover filling with dough and form into triangular shape (Pic 2 & 3).
- Make sure you seal the sides properly, just pinch them with your fingers.
- Repeat for all remaining dough and arrange them in greased baking sheet (Pic 4)
- Preheat over to 425º F.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes and serve immediately.
U have made it very well 🙂
Laxmi Priya thanks for stopping by, to prevent Fatayer opening, Pinch with ur fingers and seal the layers well, also don't overstuff the spinach filling, hope this helps!!!
Treat and Trick
Looks so good and yummy!
Fatayer looks prefect and very neat sis.
Perfectly baked… spinach lovers would grab it
Awesome pie, love spinach in any form.
Looks delicious, want to try them sometime..
So perfect… When I made the layers opened.. Any suggestions?
Total awesomeness; made to perfection.
wow… looks fantastic!!! thank u so much for trying… do link it to my post on the blog… 🙂
Very nicely made. Baking adds to the healthiness.
very nice you made it very well.
What a wonderful way of indulging these baked pies! Looks fabulous!