Hope you remember the Kummelweck buns I have posted recently . The same day I made these Ladi Pav buns as well . This buns are super soft with beautiful crust on top, apart from burger/sandwich rolls, it can be used as Indian Pav Buns/Laadi Pav . I already have an egg-less version half wheat and half bread flour recipe of Paav buns and video recipe for 100% wheat pav HERE this
recipe is a keeper with egg. If you don’t find time to make patties, this and that pls take it as it is with a cup of coffee or spread some butter and serve it for dinner ie dinner rolls.
Will be updating this recipe with video tutorial soon
Recipe Adapted From Here
Misal Pav with homemade pav recipe HERE
Yields :- 8-10 Large Buns
*Bread Flour or Unbleached APF/Maida – 3 Cups
Butter Melted – 3 Tbsp
**Active Dry Yeast – 2and1/2tsp (If using Instant yeast 2tsp is enough)
Milk – 2/3 Cup
Warm Water – 1/2 Cup
Egg – 1 Number
Sugar – 2 Tbsp + 1tsp
Salt – 1and1/4tsp
*To substitute for bread flour add 1 tbsp of vital wheat gluten to 2 to 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
** Do check HERE for yeast conversion…
Ladi Pav Buns Preparation
- Melt the butter and keep aside
- In luke warm water add dry yeast, salt and sugar, let it rest for 5 minutes (Pic 3).
- In a wide mixing bowl add flour, melted butter (Pic 1) and 1 egg.
- It looks crumbly as shown in Pic 2.
- Now add yeast mixture half of the milk and mix well (Pic 4).
- Sprinkle the remaining milk in batches and keep kneading.
- At one stage the dough will be sticky stop adding milk and keep kneading with hands or use stand mixer to knead for another 5-8 minutes.
- If you feel the dough is hard add tsp of milk at a time and knead well.
- The final dough should be as shown in Pic 5.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour or till it doubles in size (Pic 6) by covering the top loosely with kitchen towel.
- After first proofing punch down gently and make even size balls out of it (Pic 7).
- Place them over greased and parchment paper layered baking sheet (Pic 7).
- I got 10 rolls approx 85 grams each from the dough and i used two sheets.
- Rest them for another 30 minutes for second proofing (Pic 8).
- After 30 minutes apply egg wash all over the buns with egg whites.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds (Pic 9) and bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or till buns turn golden brown (Pic 10).
- Here I have used Black Bean Patties
(Yet to Post)to assemble this burger buns.
- Also I used sliced tomatoes, butter and salad leaves to top it.
You may like Eggless 100% wheat ladi pav
Hello Friends, here we offer you amazing Freecharge Deals use them and grab latest new offers.
Tempting buns, beautifully baked! It has nice golden color on top!
lovely tempting buns. I haven't baked them with egg and applying egg wash on them. I should as your have turned out a beautiful golden colour.
I am hosting an event on my blog, please participate by linking your baked recipes. Thank you.