Hope you remember the Kummelweck buns I have posted recently . The same day I made these Ladi Pav buns as well . This buns are super soft with beautiful crust on top, apart from burger/sandwich rolls, it can be used as Indian Pav Buns/Laadi Pav . I already have an egg-less version half wheat and half bread flour recipe of Paav buns and video recipe for 100% wheat pav HERE this
recipe is a keeper with egg. If you don’t find time to make patties, this and that pls take it as it is with a cup of coffee or spread some butter and serve it for dinner ie dinner rolls.
Recipe Adapted From Here
Misal Pav with homemade pav recipe HERE
Yields :- 8-10 Large Buns
*Bread Flour or Unbleached APF/Maida – 3 Cups
Butter Melted – 3 Tbsp
**Active Dry Yeast – 2and1/2tsp (If using Instant yeast 2tsp is enough)
Milk – 2/3 Cup
Warm Water – 1/2 Cup
Egg – 1 Number
Sugar – 2 Tbsp + 1tsp
Salt – 1and1/4tsp
*To substitute for bread flour add 1 tbsp of vital wheat gluten to 2 to 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
** Do check HERE for yeast conversion…
Ladi Pav Buns Preparation
- Melt the butter and keep aside
- In luke warm water add dry yeast, salt and sugar, let it rest for 5 minutes (Pic 3).
- In a wide mixing bowl add flour, melted butter (Pic 1) and 1 egg.
- It looks crumbly as shown in Pic 2.
- Now add yeast mixture half of the milk and mix well (Pic 4).
- Sprinkle the remaining milk in batches and keep kneading.
- At one stage the dough will be sticky stop adding milk and keep kneading with hands or use stand mixer to knead for another 5-8 minutes.
- If you feel the dough is hard add tsp of milk at a time and knead well.
- The final dough should be as shown in Pic 5.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour or till it doubles in size (Pic 6) by covering the top loosely with kitchen towel.
- After first proofing punch down gently and make even size balls out of it (Pic 7).
- Place them over greased and parchment paper layered baking sheet (Pic 7).
- I got 10 rolls approx 85 grams each from the dough and i used two sheets.
- Rest them for another 30 minutes for second proofing (Pic 8).
- After 30 minutes apply egg wash all over the buns with egg whites.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds (Pic 9) and bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or till buns turn golden brown (Pic 10).
- Here I have used Black Bean Patties
(Yet to Post)to assemble this burger buns.
- Also I used sliced tomatoes, butter and salad leaves to top it.
You may like Eggless 100% wheat ladi pav