Eggless Mango Cheesecake was made in last July for the man of the house’s birthday. Since it was made during a peak pandemic time, I used ingredients whatever I had at home with some Instacart order I received. So the mangoes I used in this recipe were delivered by
Costco Instacart. They’re honey mangoes and had more flesh and flavor. Do feel free to use any mangoes or store bought mango puree.
Coming to the recipe in detail, its eggless Mango cheesecake flavored with cardamom and rose. The cheesecake is full of mango flavors , decorated with mango peda and fresh mango slices. I tried to reduce processed foods so most of them are homemade in this recipe. Below are the list of ingredients I prepared at home, do feel free to alternate for your convenience.
- Highlights of Mango Cheesecake Recipe
I have few mini Cheesecakes recipes made in cupcake pan. You can try mini version of this recipe and do check the below collection to get an idea.
- Vanilla Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- Using FOIL Method BAKED LEMON CHEESECAKE SQUARES
- EGGLESS PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- Gingerbread Cheesecake / Spiced Cheesecake (recipe LATER).
If you try these BAKED EGGLESS MANGO CHEESECAKE, please don't forget to rate and comment your feedback at the bottom of the post. Also if you have any questions do feel free to leave a comment for the same and I will try to answer it asap. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for day to day menu ideas , instant recipes, healthy bakes and garden tips ! Follow me on YouTube for clear video tutorials especially on baking recipes with Recipe Cards or Pinterest for healthy snack ideas and Facebook for recipe updates!
|NO SPRINGFORM PAN TECHNIQUE|
|HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE|
|HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE CRUST|
|CHEESECAKE BATTER PREPARATION|
|HOW TO BAKE IN OVEN|
|BAKE IN INSTANT POT|
|COMPLETE VIDEO TUTORIAL|
I use raw cane sugar and brown sugar (jaggery)/ unrefined sugar for most of the recipes and also note that the color of the cheesecake varies with the type of sugar you use. Also as always the sugar quantity I mention in the recipe is MEDIUM LEVEL of sweetness so adjust accordingly.
I used homemade thick unflavored yogurt/curd to this recipe. For that I boiled 1.5 cups milk and after its first foam simmered it for another 10 minutes. This gives the perfect greek yogurt or sour cream kind of thick texture. Also I remove extra whey once the yogurt is set by straining it and its called hung curd (refer pictures in cheesecake batter preparation). Make curd ahead of cheesecake baking day.
I had lot of questions in mind before baking a large quantity of cheesecake and I got answer for some in google and for some it got cleared after I baked Rose Cardamom Cheesecake for the first time. So I have shared some tips and tricks with the experience I underwent.Jump to Recipe
Is it necessary to bake the cookie crumbs/Cheesecake Base?
Yes baking the crust is necessary which prevents soggy crumb/base in the cheesecake. Just bake for 325 F /160 C for 8-10 minutes.
Can we bake cheesecake without eggs?
Yes it is possible. This eggless mango cheesecake uses flour to bind the cheese and you no need eggs.
Why wrapping the pan is necessary?
Do wrap the sides and bottom of the pan with foil to prevent cheesecake getting too much heat and layer of foil prevents burning the cheesecake. Also this wrapping prevents boiling water getting inside the cheesecake if you use spring form pan. I have used spring form pan in Gulab Jamun Cheesecake Recipe you can refer for how to bake the cheesecake with special pan.
Can we bake cheesecake without springform pan?
Yes of course it’s 💯% possible. One main thing to remember when you use regular cake pan with aluminum foil is use two layers of foil to hold and lift the heavy weight cheesecake. Also hang out extra foil outside the pan to lift the cheesecake once its done.
Why steam is necessary for baking cheesecake?
Water bath/Steamer is compulsorily needed otherwise direct heat burns the cheesecake, also bake till very light brown spots appear on top. It’s better to bake a little more and not to take it out under baked. The primary goal of the cheesecake is to bake slowly, with this method it gets enough time for the center to cook well and prevents burning the sides and top very quickly.
- I used 7 inch cake pan and baked with 1.25 cup cheesecake crust and used halve/modified below recipe for 15oz cream cheese.
Does Cheesecake doubles in volume while baking?
Not at all. I worried and filled 3/4 of the pan while making Gulab Jamun Cheesecake, but it slightly increases in height, fluffs up a bit but won’t double in size. Also tap the cheesecake mixture several times to release air pockets formed while beating the batter which gives perfect cheesecake and also it prevents cake getting rise. Little rise up and flat is normal in cheesecake.
Homemade Cream Cheese
I made 16oz in 8.5 cups milk + Heavy Cream for Rose Cardamom Cheesecake. I followed the same for this recipe as well. I used 15 cups milk with 2 cups of heavy cream to get total 30oz of cream cheese for this recipe.
For 1oz of Cream Cheese, you need 0.55 cups of milk and heavy cream combo approximately.
The heavy cream quantity is very mild because I used ultra pasteurized cream and it is hard to curdle. If you have unpasteurized cream you can add 3 cups of heavy cream to 13 to 15 cups of milk. You can make paneer/cheese with just whole milk/full fat milk or use store bought paneer for the same. I made following proportions of cheese on different occasions so sharing some
- 50:50 Homemade Cream Cheese and Paneer works for this recipe.
- 50:50 Store Bought Cream Cheese and Paneer or homemade Cream Cheese works.
- Or 100% homemade or store bought Cream cheese or paneer can be used for this recipe.
Homemade Cream Cheese Preparation
- Boil 15 Cups whole Milk / full fat milk with 2 Cups Heavy cream (Pic 1).
- Once it foams (Pic 2), simmer for 5 minutes (Pic 3) and keep stirring.
- Later switch off the heat and add 6 Tbsp lemon juice (Pic 4 below) or 3 Tbsp White Vinegar in batches.
- Once milk curdles well , add ice cubes or cold water to the cheese mixture and strain it (Pic 5).
- Use muslin or any cloth to strain / separate the cheese and whey.
- The whey won’t be a clear liquid, since it has heavy cream it won’t look like regular milk curdled whey.
- Now add the same whey weight over cheese mixture and let it stand like that for an hour.
- By this time most of the whey gets separated from cheese (Pic 6).
- Now store in refrigerator by covering it properly and again keep the weight over it.
- After 8 hours it gets the perfect texture as shown in Pic 7 & 8.
- Store the cheese in refrigerator by covering the top properly (don’t let the cheese dry) until you use.
- You can make this 1 day ahead of cheesecake baking.
- For the smooth store bought cream cheese like texture, blend with yogurt and the details follows.
How to Prepare
- Powder homemade (Pic 1) or store bought cookies/crackers.
- Add Cinnamon powder (Pic 2) and sugar (optional) to the cookie crumb.
- Now add melted butter and wet the crumb (Pic 3).
- Add the prepared cookie crumb to the prepared pan (Pic 4).
- You can add rose flavor to this crumb as well.
- Bake in preheated oven @325F/160C for 8-10 minutes (Pic 5).
- Once it is baked do make a outer layer of foil (Pic 6) and keep ready to pour the cheesecake mixture.
Ingredients for Mango Cheesecake
8 or 9 inch pan
Cream Cheese – 30oz
Wheat Flour / APF – 1/4 Cup (I used wheat flour, replace with corn flour in store bought cheese do reduce 2 tbsp)
Corn Starch – 1 Tbsp
Mango Puree- 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup from 1 jumbo mango
Rose Petal Spread – 2 Tbsp OR Rose/Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1 to 1.5 tsp
Hung Homemade Yogurt – 1 Cup (greek yogurt 3/4 + buttermilk 1/4 cup)
Rose Cardamom Cookies/Graham Crackers – 1.5 Cup to 1.75 Cup
Raw Cane Sugar or jaggery/ brown sugar – 1 cup (I used 1/2 cup it depends on sweetness of mango)
For Mango Ganache
Mango Puree- 3/4 Cup
Raw Cane Sugar- 1-2 Tbsp
Pectin/Agar Agar/ – 1.5tsp
Fresh Mango and Peda – To Decorate
Mango Cheesecake Batter Preparation
- So we have Cream Cheese, baked Cheesecake crust in the regular cake pan, all in handy, now prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Try to remove excess whey from the curd/yogurt a shown in Pic 4 & 5.
- Clean the mangoes, dry and puree the pulp using food processor.
- To it add half of wheat flour , 2/3 hung curd and blend to smooth.
- Pour it to a wide mixing bowl.
- In the same food processor jar, add cream cheese (recipe included), rest of hung curd, powdered cardamom with sugar, corn flour, rest of wheat flour and salt (Pic 9 & 10).
- Grind in batches to smooth texture and add to the mixing bowl (Pic 11).
- Mix them gently and don’t overbeat if using handheld mixture.
- Finally adjust the cheesecake batter for its right consistency as shown below in step by step pictures 12 or video with buttermilk or milk.
- Yeah store bought cream cheese or yogurt is thicker than homemade and it needs little milk to bring to right consistency.
How to bake Mango Cheesecake in Oven
- Pour this mixture gently in to the prepared pan (Pic 1), tap to release excess air (Pic 2) , place on water bath (Pic 3), for that add hot water to a cookie tray or cake pan that fits the cream cheese baking pan.
- In preheated oven, place them carefully inside and bake at 325 F/160C for 50-60 minutes.
- Don’t keep opening the door and check for doneness if so it will deflate / crack the cheesecake.
- Check after 50 mins of bake and also light brown spot on top (Pic 4) is the indication of doneness (it’s my opinion) and not to under bake the cheesecake with pure white layer on top or you can take it out at the specified time.
- Once baked (Pic 5) let it cool inside the oven with slight door open (insert a wooden ladle) for 30-40 mins later chill it for 4 hours in refrigerator.
How to bake Cheesecake in Instant Pot?
- Prepare the pan as mentioned above, pour the prepared cheesecake batter in it(pic 1).
- In the instant pot base add 1 cup water (pic 1), place the trivet inside it.(pic 2).
- Also wrap the top of cheesecake pan with foil this prevents water getting inside the cake (pic 2).
- Once wrapped place it inside the instant pot, leaving space all around the pan( pic 3).
- Pressure cook in high for 30 minutes with sealing position (pic 4).
- Let it cool , natural release the pressure and chill in the refrigerator before adding mango glaze and decorations.
Mango Glaze for Mango Cheesecake
Mango glaze is optional and do pour the glaze over chilled cheesecake.
- Pour agar agar or pectin powder in pineapple juice or cold water(pic 1).
- Let it sit for 5 minutes or until it’s bloom.(pic 2)
- In another pan add water and sugar(pic 3), once it boils and comes to syrup texture, allow to cool.
- When syrup is warm add to the bloom jelly mixture (pic 4).
- Puree a mango and mix all together (pic 5).
- Pour this mixture over chilled cheesecake (pic 6).
- Let this set in refrigerator for 4hours or overnight.
How to decorate Mango Cheesecake
- Once the mango cheesecake with mango glaze is set (pic 7), its time to remove the foils and decorate it.
- You can make simple decorations using whipped cream. For whipped cream decorating do whip the cream with 2tbsp powdered raw cane sugar or organic sugar with 1 tsp of clear Rose flavor to stiff peaks. Check Video HERE or use Whipped Cream.
- For removing the cheesecake from regular pan, do pull the foils / lift them gently (pic 8).
- Place the cheesecake gently on a cake board / stand.
- Unwrap/ clear the foils gently out from the cheesecake (pic 9).
- Added some fresh mango decorations like mango Rose (pic 10&11) and raw cane sugar based mango peda over cheesecake (pic 12).
- Have explained clearly the decoration part in the video attached below.
- Cut the cheesecake using knife dipped in warn water and serve chilled.
- Cream Cheese – 30oz
- Wheat Flour / APF – 1/4 Cup
- Corn Starch – 1 Tbsp
- Mango Puree- 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup from 1 jumbo mango
- Rose Petal Spread – 2 Tbsp OR
- Rose Extract/ Vanilla Extract – 1tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Hung Homemade Yogurt – 1 Cup greek yogurt 3/4 + buttermilk 1/4 cup
- Rose Cardamom Cookies/Graham Crackers – 1.5 Cup to 1.75 Cup
- Raw Cane SugarSugar/Jaggery – 1 cup to 1.25 cup
- Mango Puree- 3/4 Cup
- Raw Cane Sugar- 1-2 Tbsp
- Pectin/Agar Agar – 1.5tsp
- Fresh Mango and Peda – To Decorate
So we have Cream Cheese, baked Cheesecake crust in the regular cake pan, all in handy, now prepare the cheesecake filling.
Try to remove excess whey from the curd/yogurt a shown in Pic 4 & 5.
Clean the mangoes, dry and puree the pulp using food processor.
To it add half of wheat flour , 2/3 hung curd and blend to smooth.
Pour it to a wide mixing bowl.
In the same food processor jar, add cream cheese (recipe included), rest of hung curd, powdered cardamom with sugar, corn flour, rest of wheat flour and salt (Pic 9 & 10).
Grind in batches to smooth texture and add to the mixing bowl (Pic 11).
Mix them gently and don’t overbeat if using handheld mixture.
Finally adjust the cheesecake batter for its right consistency as shown below in step by step pictures 12 or video with buttermilk or milk.
Yeah store bought cream cheese or yogurt is thicker than homemade and it needs little milk to bring to right consistency.
Pour this mixture gently in to the prepared pan (Pic 1), tap to release excess air (Pic 2) , place on water bath (Pic 3), for that add hot water to a cookie tray or cake pan that fits the cream cheese baking pan.
In preheated oven, place them carefully inside and bake at 325 F/160C for 50-60 minutes.
Don’t keep opening the door and check for doneness if so it will deflate / crack the cheesecake.
Check after 50 mins of bake and also light brown spot on top (Pic 4) is the indication of doneness (it’s my opinion) and not to under bake the cheesecake with pure white layer on top or you can take it out at the specified time.
Once baked (Pic 5) let it cool inside the oven with slight door open (insert a wooden ladle) for 30-40 mins later chill it for 4 hours in refrigerator.
Variations and Tips
- If there is any leftover cheesecake batter by chance bake in another pan or in muffin pan to mini cheesecake bites.
- The gulkand rose petal syrup doesn’t have any food color and when you dissolve, it mixes well leaving traces of rose petals here and there.
- If you like to blend the rose petal jam/spread to smooth, then grind it with yogurt or homemade cream cheese.