Right now beautiful Roses are bloomed all around. As few recipes call for Rose syrup, thought of making the syrup at home. I just tried and satisfied with the wonderful fresh flavor and taste. I made a small batch of the Rose Petal syrup and I really hooked with the flavor…
Fresh Rose Petals – 1 n 1/2 Cups
Sugar – 1 Cup
Water – 1 and 1/4 Cup
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Pinch of Salt
- Clean and pick the rose petals alone.
- Pat dry to remove excess water over a dry cloth for 20-30 minutes (Pic 1)
- Add 4 Tbsp of sugar and gently rub the rose petals using spoon.
- Leave it for 1 hour at least or overnight in refrigerator (Pic 2).
- By this time rose petals shrink and reduces in quantity (Pic 2).
- The next day or after an hour, boil 1 n 1/4 cup of water in a pan.
- Add the shrinked sugar petals, remaining sugar, salt, lemon juice and boil continuously in medium flame.
- Immediately the rose petals lose its color ((Pic 3) and water gains it.
- The nice rose flavor is attained with the syrup getting little thick consistency, ie it reduces to 1 cup or less.
- Strain the syrup alone allow to cool (Pic 4) and store in refrigerator for future use.