This is my first Post in 2014, wishing you all my dear readers a Very Happy New Year…Coming to today’s recipe, this Pumpkin Cheesecake is a twist to plain cheesecakes by adding pumpkin puree (you can alternate with carrot as well) and this mini individual cupcakes are perfect for Birthday parties and family get together…Before going in to the detailed post I have to say few tips to bake this cupcakes perfect. The thing is don’t beat the batter/filling too much, it’s not must
Yields 12 Cupcakes
For Bottom Crust
Graham Cracker Crumbs/Coarsely Powdered Digestive Biscuits – 1 n 1/4 Cup
Butter – 4 Tbsp
Light/Dark Brown Sugar – 1 Tbsp (If using powdered biscuits then skip sugar)
Cinnamon Powder – 1tsp (Optional)
Cream Cheese – 1 n 1/2 Cups or 12 oz (Softened)
Homemade/Store Bought Pumpkin Puree – 3/4th Cup (Replace with Carrot Puree)
Brown sugar – 1/2 Cup
Sour Cream – 3-4 Tbsp (Replace with Curd)
Cinnamon and Cloves Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp (I usually powder the whole spices with white sugar Pic 1 in step wise picture)
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
* Keep the Cream Cheese in room temperature before starting the process (Pic 1 Below).
- Melt the butter in microwave or stove top (low flame) and mix the crust, sugar and cinnamon powder to it.
- Take the muffin pan and line it with paper liners/baking muffin liners.
- Add a Tbsp + Bit more crust in each one and press gently with a back of spoon (Pic 2).
- Cover this with cling film and refrigerate till getting ready with filling.
- Hand Whisk is enough for the whole process.
- Whip the softened cream cheese with sour cream and brown sugar for 2-3 swirls (Pic 3).
- Add Nutmeg Powder, Cinnamon, Cloves Powder, Vanilla Extract and Pumpkin Puree (Pic 4) at last and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Don’t beat the batter much, now fill each crust layered cup with the cream cheese filling till top (Pic 5), this won’t pop up like other Cupcakes.
- Tap, prick with fork here and there and bake it for 18-22 minutes (Pic 6), should wobble (move at the center when you shake it), so don’t overcook, also no need to test with cake tester.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate at least 3 n 1/2 hours or overnight to set well.
- Smooth the edges of cheese cake with hot water, it is optional.
- Decorate with dollop of whipped cream (Pic 7 I used stabilized whipped cream) and with chopped fruits or sugar sprinklers over it.
- Keep in room temperature at least 15 – 20 minutes before serving.
- If you have non stick pans then no need to line with baking papers, anyways use it for easy process.
- Also water bath (Placing the muffin pans over hot water placed oven safe pan, works great for not to burn the cheese cakes n in this case oven temp will be 350°F.
- If using homemade puree make sure it doesn’t have too much water.