outcome is simply awesome. This burfi is very easy to make and a must to have sweet for this Diwali :-)
Yields - 10-11 Burfis
Fine Besan Flour/Gram Flour - 1.5 Cups
Ghee - 7 Tbsp
Regular Sugar - 1.5 Cups
Cardamom Powder - 2tsp
Kewra Water - 1tsp or Vanilla Extract - 1/2tsp
Chopped Pista/Almond Nuts - 1/4 Cup
*Milk Powder - 1/4 Cup (Optional)
*If milk powder is grainy then powder it fine in food processor and continue.
- In a wide pan add flour with 4 Tbsp ghee like shown in Picture 1.
- In low flame fry the mixture, after 5 minutes it should be like shown in picture 2 with big lumps.
- Break the lumps in laddle and keep frying for another 10 minutes, by this time it looks like shown in picture 3.
- So 15 minutes later add the remaining 3 Tbsp ghee (Pic 4) and keep mixing in low flame for another 5 minutes, keep aside.
- In the same pan melt sugar in 1/2 cup water and when it attains 1 string consistency add cardamom powder, Kewra or Vanilla essence and simmer the flame.
- Now add fried besan, milk powder (optional) to it and mix well without lumps, here use balloon whisk for easy stirring.
- Add half of chopped nuts (Pic 6) and mix all together.
- Stir all together in low flame, when everything gathers together and leaves the pan (Pic 5), remove from flame.
- In a ghee greased plate, drop the hot burfi mixture (Pic 7) and level the top.
- Add the remaining nuts (Pic 8), press lightly and let them cool in room temperature for 1 hour at least.
- For quick version you can refrigerate that sets soon.
- Later cut in to desired shapes (Pic 9) and serve.