Though the weather is not hot to taste ice cream my daughter keep on insisting me for strawberry ice cream after seeing strawberries at home. So I asked my H to buy whipping cream on the way from office and made it on the same day. You can make simple yet tasty ice cream without ice cream maker or electric blender to whip the cream :-). Today I added few Mints
to get good flavor, if you don’t like mint flavor then skip it. If you wish chopped berries/mint then you can add so but I like to have all blended well.
Strawberry – 10 Numbers
Mint – 10-12 Leaves
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 and 3/4th Cup (450ml)
Whole Milk – 3/4th Cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 (or as per ur need)
Salt – 1/8th tsp (Pinch)
- Wash and hull the strawberries (Pic 1).
- Blend it without adding any water (use any blender/extractor Pic 2).
- Keep the extract separately.
- Boil 3/4th cup of milk for 5-10 mins after it foams in medium flame or till it thickens to 1/2cup (1st extract in Pic 4).
- When it is not warm, add mint leaves(Pic 3) and grind second time along with Strawberry.
- Now you get another 1/2cup of strawberry+mint+milk mixture (2nd extract in Pic 4).
- Chill a glass bowl and whisk for at least 5mins in freezer.
- Now add cold heavy whipping cream and whip till soft peaks (Pic 4).
- For whipping heavy cream using hand whisk pls watch my short video here (May take 15mins approx).
- Now add powdered sugar and all the extracts to the whipped cream.
- Whisk it again for few more mins, till all blends well (Pic 5).
- Now cover the bowl with cling wrap and freeze it for 3-4 hours to set.
- After its well set (Pic 5), serve with Chopped berries/Chocolate Syrup/Chocolate bits/Rolled Ice cream wafers.
- But I attempted chocolate accents/strands using melting chocolates(Pic 6) and served along with it.
- Here is heart in heart cake pops i did with the same melting chocolates…
Updated with recent pictures
- You can add 2 tbsp store bought custard powder or 1 tbsp corn starch powder to the milk and thicken it before whipping it with cream.
- If you are looking for egg based Strawberry Custard Ice Cream then HERE is the video recipe 🙂