When I was in Chennai my parents visit often and my dad/appa never fails to taste Gobi Manchurian during his trip. Either we go to restaurant or vice versa, anyways he needs it often :-). My mom makes it at home using gram flour. Though I prepare it in a similar way as I stated here, today I adapted with less spices by keeping his age in mind. As a blogger this is the first recipe
I prepared specially for him and posting here from my mom’s kitchen/Hometown :-).
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian
Video Tutorial Coming Soon…
- Boil the water (to immerse cauliflower florets) with salt.
- When starts bubbling switch off the flame n add the florets in salted water for 2-3 minutes (Pic 1).
- Pat dry the florets before marinating.
- If the florets are not fresh enough wash it one more time in normal water.
- For marination add all the ingredients half quantity (Pic 2) and make the batter bit watery (Pic 3), marinate at least 30 minutes (Pic 4).
- (You can prepare the sauce right now)
- Mix all the remaining half of the ingredients to thick paste, dip the marinated florets and deep fry it.
- Drain excess oil using paper towel Pic 5.
- For tomato puree, add the washed tomatoes in boiled water for 5 minutes.
- Peel the outer skin and grind it to fine paste.
- Prepare the sauce add oil in a pan/kadai, sauté the chopped garlic.
- Now add chopped onion and green chilies.
- Then tomato puree, chili sauce, sugar and soy sauce.
- Bring it to boil finally add corn starch paste (corn starch + water), check salt.
- At last add fried cauliflower florets, mix it well before serving Pic 6.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or spring onion.
- Add spices according to your taste.
- Also you can skip marination and directly deep fry it.
- I couldn’t find green onion/coriander leaves to garnish at that time.
- For marination the batter consistency should be bit watery otherwise florets won’t coat well n before deep frying it should be thick.
- For gobi manchurian dry version skip the sauce preparation n add more spices in the batter itself.
- Maida burfi instead of maida used wheat flour
- Gobi Manchurian
- வெண்டைக்காய் பொரியல் / Okra Stir Fry
- பாசிப்பருப்பு குழம்பு /moong dal sambar
- கத்திரிக்காய் கார குழம்பு / Brinjal tamarind based spicy curry
- Lemon Ginger Rasam
- கஞ்சி வடித்த சாதம் / starch removed boiled rice
- மோர் / Buttermilk
- எண்ணையில் பொறித்த அப்பளம் / deep fried kerala papadum
- உருக்கிய நெய் /served with homemade ghee
Thanks da Sadhu 🙂 n all the best for your cooking adventure 🙂
Hi athai! Tried out your recipe for gobi manchurian… was very tasty!!! 🙂 decided to try out many other recipes..:-)
delicious looking manchurian dear 🙂
these look absolutely amazing… 🙂
My all time favorite.Absolutely a very nice recipe Sangeetha.
So crispy and delicious gobi manchurian!! 🙂
these r just Yummy n mouthwatering!!
Love gobi manchurian anytime.. Looks delicious
Extremely inviting, never get bored of this super irresistible gobi manchurian.
Delicious starter..perfect combo for fried rice too
u got a nice collection of recipes..
new follower to your blog
visit my blog
Sharanya palanisshami (sara's TASTY BUDS)
Yummy , Nice clicks………..
Looks perfect.. Yummy appetizer 🙂
Nice and yummy appetizer. Nice clicks.
Flavorful yummy looking manchurian…love the clicks.
Must try because this looks heavenly and the step by step is so usual. Caulis are our fav and will be good for our meals.
Yum starter , looks delicious